Get on the path to rental success! Workshops are free.
Currently scheduled program options
- August 9-26, Tuesdays and Fridays from 9-10 am (Short check-in on August 2nd at 9 am)
- September 13-29, Tuesdays and Thursdays from 1-2 pm (Short check-in on September 6th at 1 pm)
- October 10-26, Mondays and Wednesdays from 7-8 pm (Short check-in on October 3rd at 7 pm)
- November 5-19, Saturdays from 9-11:30 am (Short check-in on October 29th at 9 am)
Location – Live, online instruction via Zoom; Zoom links sent after completing registration.
Online registration form: https://go.wisc.edu/Rentsmartregister
Cost – Free
Participants must complete all six modules to earn the Rent Smart certificate.
Rent Smart is designed for individuals who have little to no rental experience and individuals who have had difficulty obtaining rental housing.
What you will learn
- Planning for and meeting monthly expenses
- Tips for finding and maintaining affordable housing
- How to complete an application and why landlords screen applicants
- Strategies for building positive relationships with landlords and neighbors
- Responsibilities and rights of landlords and tenants
For more information please contact rentsmartwi@firstname.lastname@example.org or call 262.741.4951.
An EEO/AA employer, University of Wisconsin-Madison Division of Extension provides equal opportunities in employment and programming, including Title VI, Title IX, the Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA) and Section 504 of the Rehabilitation Act requirements.